The Alumni Futures Social Media Round Table is coming to New York City, Thursday, July 22, 2010.
What is it? Who is it for?
The Social Media Round Table is a day-long discussion (a kind of mini-conference), open to no more than 15 professionals from schools, colleges and universities, or from other organizations whose work relates to education. Fundraisers, communications professionals, and alumni officers are all welcome, but other disciplines are welcome too: student affairs, athletics, career services, admissions and more – anyone who needs to get up to speed quickly on the promise of social technologies in education and related sectors.
Up to three spots are available for representatives from the private sector – consultants, vendors or others whose work connects them to education or non-profits.
The Round Table is designed for individuals with low to moderate exposure to social media, not for complete beginners or for experienced "power users." You will get the most from the Round Table if you:
- have basic familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and
- are interested in mid-level strategy and tactics for engaging constituents with social technology.
- Mixes presentations, guided discussions, and free-wheeling idea-sharing
- Incorporates participants' topics and questions to guarantee relevance
- Touches on key themes in social media and online community
- Connects participants to a network of fellow professionals who share their interests
- Is moderated and hosted by Andy Shaindlin (of Alumni Futures) and Elizabeth Allen (of Adaptivate)
Preliminary Program (exact timing & topics subject to change)
8:30 to 9:00 am - Registration
Continental breakfast (included)
9:00 am to 10:00 am - Presentation
Debunking the Myths of Social Media
(presented by Andy Shaindlin and Liz Allen, following self-introductions)
10:00 am to 10:45 am - Group Discussion
ROI: How Will You Know If You're Succeeding?
10:45 to 11:00 am - Break
11:00 am to Noon – Group Discussion
Community Management (and Your Online Reputation)
Noon to 1:00 pm - Lunch
Deli-style lunch on site (included)
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm - Discussion
Participants' Hot Topics
(submitted in advance)
3:00 pm to 3:30 pm - Wrap up and closing thoughts
We guarantee thought-provoking new ideas for you to take away, and a fun day of valuable professional network-building as well.
The Alumni Futures Social Media Round Table takes place in mid-town Manhattan, New York City, on Thursday, July 22, 2010 from 8:30 a.m. until approximately 3:30 p.m.
Your registration fee includes Round Table discussion and feedback, Social Media Resource Packet, and continental breakfast plus deli-style lunch on site.
Registration & Fees
- $229 for non-profit participants
- $299 for commercial attendees (limit 3 attendees in this category)
Registered participants will receive additional details about the Round Table, including the opportunity to submit individual topics of interest to attendees, which can be included in the day's program.
- Registration is on a first-come basis. Only 15 spaces available.
Send an email to email@example.com.
See you there!