As the year winds down, I thank readers of Alumni Futures — anyone who read even a single posting, and especially those who left a comment, became a Fan on Facebook (or added me to their blog network there), and who began following Alumni Futures on Twitter.
How many people stop by this site? [These numbers were updated on 31 December, 2008]
- There are 803 822 subscribers to Alumni Futures. 185 215 of you are Fans on Facebook, and 41 76 are following on Twitter.
- Since late July 2008 (when the visitor counter reset itself as intended), Alumni Futures has seen 10,349 10,905 visitors from 119 countries.
- 96% of you came here from just six countries. Here's a chart showing those countries (and the other 4%). Click image to view larger version:
Of course, this doesn't include people who read the postings via email or RSS feed – just people who actually come to the web site.
How did readers find Alumni Futures in 2008?
47% via Search engines (mostly Google, of course, although 7 of you are still using AltaVista!)
26% Direct traffic (e.g., clicking a link to here from an emailed posting)
26% via Referring sites (somebody who linked to my site)
What was the most-viewed content?
- The Recent Presentations page
- The Definition of the word "Alumni"
- The group of items tagged "Social Networking"
- Alumni Association Mission Statements
If your Association's Mission Statement isn't on that list, send it to me and I'll add it.
It's been a great year. Before December is over Alumni Futures will see its 60,000th lifetime page view [updated: 60,504th]. That's an average of almost 90 per day since I began blogging in February of 2007. I'm looking forward to 2009.
Happy New Year. See you in January.