[Updated January 12, 2008: I will not be attending the program after all due to a change in travel plans. But you should still plan to attend!]
It's now time for educational travel professionals to register for the 2008 Educational Travel Conference (Baltimore, Maryland, USA, February 4-7, 2008). I've mentioned it before, and this year the program is again very strong.
A special pre-conference Executive Manager Forum on Tuesday, February 5, 2008 will focus on "Enhancing the Success of Affinity Travel Programs."
I'm involved as a panelist in a couple of sessions, but tThe range of expertise represented elsewhere on the program is what makes it a unique opportunity.
Carolyn Sheaff who shaped the famous UC Berkeley Bear Treks program is the organizer of the one-day Forum and has pulled together an all-star program, including
- Alicia Stevens (AMNH Expeditions),
- Joe Small (President of AHI International),
- Ralph Janis (formerly of Cornell's Adult University and lured out of retirement),
- Charlie Brannon (founder of Starquest),
- Peter Voll (Senior VP at High Country Passage),
- Clark Oldroyd (U. of Colorado Alumni Association), and
- Jim Sano (President of Geographic Expeditions)
All will all be on hand to share their knowledge and experience in a discussion setting. Also of special interest is the opportunity for executive managers to network with others at their level in the same small, focused setting.
To register visit the conference web page:
There's also a special page with details about the program described above:
See you there!